https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Sunday 1 December 2013

Time for a brew!

Hi guys,  back today with my latest projects for Totally Tilda were the challenge this time is 
Tilda on anything but a card,
I've made some coasters to go with my tissue box I posted on here a few posts back, scroll down if you wish to see it,

I've done a little tutorial on how I did these too,
Err excuse the mistakes!!!!! please, lol

recipe:
 chipboard coaster bases plain - the range (last year)
Doobadoo mask art - floral swirl
blending foam
post it notes
stamp of your choice
distress inks / pumice stone, weathered wood/ black soot
distress ink blending foam
Ultra thick embossing powder
circle die cut
paper for copics
stamp positioner

Cut out the circles in card stock suitable for copic colouring and then using the stamp positioner place your image where you want it to be, I used Magnolia Tilda and placed her to one side as shown,
Next you need to make some masks for the images so you cover them up completely, you need to cut all the excess post it note paper away so remember to cut out the parts between her legs too, which I only remembered after taking this picture  duh!!!lol 

Take the Dutch Doobadoo floral swirl mask and tape it in place so you like the pattern round it, lightly dab pumice stone onto your card stock through the mask taking care round the post it note mask on your image,
go over this with as many layers and colours of distress ink as you wish, I used three different ones, 
when you have your colours to your liking, remove the floral art mask,
remove the mask from your image, then colour it in with your copics or whatever you choose to use,
to finish my coasters off I added ultra thick embossing powder, heat set it then did another layer again on top,
if the coaster curls slightly at this stage flatten them under a very heavy book,

I hope you like my tutorial, they are fun to do so why not have a go yourself lol,
We are being sponsored again by the fabby
thank you!

Marvelous Magnolias - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes


Do check out the awesome creations the girls have made too,
hugs Liz xx

12 comments:

Gina's Cards said...

Wow these are brilliant, what a wonderful idea! Thank you for joining us at Marvelous Magnolia, good luck and I hope you will join us in the next challenge.
Hugs
Gina x

Beth Brovold said...

OH WOW WOW WOW!!!! Liz this is AMAZING and looks like soooo much FUN!!! Thanks for the tutorial...I think that I would like to try these!!!!

Brigitte said...

This is so very beautiful Liz!!! I love the coasters and how you made the background! It will be used for years to come. Hugs, Brigitte

Davi said...

I love those little tags. a beautiful background you created with the sweet Tilda!

Kelly said...

Very nice! Love the idea of coasters and these are gorgeous! Love them. Thank you for joining us at http://www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs, Kelly

Unknown said...

These are fun Liz, so pretty! So sorry for having been MIA for such a long time, my neck is much better now, but only a couple of days ago I lost my MIL, hence the silence on my part. Hope you're doing good though. Take care, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Vicky said...

These are fabulous sweetie I love the masking & the oclours really are lush.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Elaine said...

Stunning Liz and the most fabulous idea, but you know I wouldn't use them as coasters because I'd be worried about them getting spoiled, they are far too pretty!!

Thank you for the very clear and informative tutorial, you're a star.

Big hugs
Elaine xxx

Alexandra♥ said...

Adorable coasters, Liz! Thanks for sharing the "process" pics! It's always fun and interesting to look how this or that project was created :)

Alexandra

Karen said...

Stunning! Very creative. Thanks for joining us at 7kidscollegefund.com.

Karen

coops said...

wow these are stunning liz.gorgeous tildas and i love the stencilled backgrounds ;D

xx coops xx

Denise Gutierrez said...

Oh wow these are soooooo beautiful!!!! Thank u for the great tutorial