https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Sunday 27 September 2015

Button Up at The Ribbon Girl

Hi guys, It's time for the Magnolia Only challenge at The Ribbon Girl,

 As usual the prize for the winner gets a £10,00 TRG gift voucher and a Magnolia Stamp from Magnolia too, yeah!!

I've used some fabulous snowflake buttons on Santa's hessian sack and also on the front of the sleigh,
I made up the 3d sleigh from Tando Creative, using some different papers from Maja Design, then added a mini snowflake stencil/mask from there too using modeling paste, when set i added some of the beautiful pearls from TRG, on the top edge I used some 30mm  shabby white  ruffled ribbon and finished it off with a Barley Sugar Dahlia flower, will list all the products below,
Santa is of course by Magnolia from an older collection, but I love him and he makes an appearance every year!! lol,
This time he's coloured with my distress re-inkers,

I made a sack for his presents to go in out of some fabby Hessian fabric, cut at 21cm wide by 15cm tall, turn under to the wrong side on the width edge about 1 cm and sew down, take the long edges together and sew a seam, turn right side out and you have the start of a Santa sack, run some long running stitches about 2cm down from the top and gather together, fasten off securely, then decorate with ribbon etc, I used dark brown Ric Rac then added some of the Silver twine on top and tied it in a bow on the snowflake Button,

By not securing the running stitches you could make this a working Santa Sack,

I also used a snowflake button with the twine as I said before on the front of the Sleigh, some cheescloth inside to keep  Santa's toes warm and a doiley on the back for a cover for his head,


The back of the sleigh has the same pearl trim on the bottom edge, ruffled ribbon on the top and some fantastic frosted brown cones too,
The chipboard snowflakes are again from Tando Creative, painted with gesso then when dry a ivory pearl added as the other side,
For the sleighs, ski's? I added texture sand  then when dry painted with Gesso too,
front view again,


I'm back from my hols soon, son's still at home so hope it's in one piece!!!, lol

TRG
30cm Wide Hessian Fabric ( sorry i can't see the link)
Doiley( sorry I can't see the link)

3D sleigh
mini snowflakes
mini snowflakes mask
Texture sand paste
modeling paste,

Distress inks used
Skin - Vintage photo/ tattered Rose
Hair - Pumice Stone
Suit - Weathered Wood
Belt/ boots/ mittens - Weathered Wood and black Soot mixed
Sack - Tea dye and vintage photo
Parcels - peacock feathers, wild honey, stormy sky, Broken china, shabby shutters,
liquid applique for the fur trim,
 silver metallic pen

Will catch up with you all soon,

3 comments:

Gertrude said...

Hallo Liz, ich bin total begeistert von deiner Arbeit, es ist soooooooo schön gemacht
glg Gertrude

Gina's Cards said...

WOW Liz, this is an amazing creation! I love everything about it!!
Hugs
Gina xx

Carol S. said...

Wow!!! Amazing project and love the detail. Hugs, Carol S.xx